How we place our Golden Retriever puppies
We breed one to two litters of Golden Retriever puppies each year. As Avidog Associate Breeders we follow Avidog’s development and socialization standards. Raising healthy puppies to become the best four-legged companion you’ve ever had is our goal.
- A written warranty and sales contract for all puppies
- A puppy whelped from a Sire and Dam that has been evaluated for hips, elbows, heart, eyes and genetic diseases – the breed standard.
- A puppy that has been raised in our home
- A puppy that was bred for health, genetic diversity, temperament and structure.
- a paid AKC Limited Registration.
- Enrollment in AKC’s Health Insurance plan that is FREE for the first 3 months. Afterwards you will need to choose whether to continue the insurance plan at your expense.
- Your puppy’s first complete vet exam, first vaccination following CAVIDS nomograph of the dam, and wormings a minimum of 3 times.
- A copy of the dam’s nomographs through the University of Wisconsin Vet School to optimally time your pup’s vaccinations while keeping them safe during key socialization periods.
- A copy of your puppies 6 generation pedigree
- Microchipping of your puppy before leaving here with AKC ReUnite.
- A puppy matched to you following the APET temperament evaluation. We work closely with you and consider all aspects of the new home including other pets, children, yard size, special needs, and the amount of time the new owner has to spend with a new pup. Keep in mind that Golden Retrievers are active dogs and enjoy being a part of family life.
Application for a puppy. We will review your application. If we are a fit we will call you and then follow-up with a contract.
The contract will include the name of the sire, the dam, the anticipated time frame for birth, or go home time, if known. The contract includes the price of the puppy, deposit information, terms of the health warranty and the expected responsibilities of the puppy owner. Contracts are only sent after the initial inquiry phase.
Reserving Your Puppy $$
Our puppies are $3000 plus applicable sales tax. A deposit of $500 is required to reserve your puppy. You may make your deposit electronically. Seven days prior to picking up your puppy we require payment in full.
GlenMac does a temperament test of every litter at week seven. We use the Avidog Puppy Evaluation Test (APET) Following the APET at 7 weeks of age we work closely with our buyers to determine the very best puppy for you. If you are interested in participating in the APET arrangements can be made. It is fascinating to observe.
Bringing Puppy Home
After the pups are born we will contact you so you know the litter has arrived. Our website and social media pages up-to-date so you can follow along as they grow. We will set a time for you to pick-up your puppy. We know that many owners come from a very long distance so we make every effort to accommodate schedules. You may also elect to fly to Redding and go home with your puppy in a carry-on sherpa. United Airlines flies in and out of Redding. We do not ship puppies as cargo. Flying to Sacramento is another option. We are 2.5 hours north of the airport.